There are so many things to do in Philadelphia you'd have to live here to see and do them all. We've put links to many of the frequently asked about spots below and there's still more.
Here are a few of our favorite places that not everyone gets to see in Philadelphia:
• City Hall and Tower Tour where you can get history, great views and photos.
• Franklin Court is near the National Liberty Museum and both very worthwhile!
• Every award for the best cheesesteak has been given to John's Roast Pork. Ya gotta eat!
• The Fairmount Waterworks sits behind the PMoA and is a beautiful space to relax.
• Edgar Allan Poe House — the home which inspired his Tell-Tale Heart and other stories.
• John Bartram was one of the nation's first botanists and Bartram's Garden celebrates him.
• Al Copone was in Eastern State Penitentiary and it's really one of the coolest places to see.
• Ninth Street Market is an open-air market with great shops for the cook in the family.
• A very special place in Fairmount Park is the Japanese Tea Garden. Beautiful and restful.
It's easy to visit Philly from New Hope and not nearly as expensive. Plus, you don't have to worry about traffic if you take the train. SEPTA operates frequent trains from Doylestown and Yardley that take you into the heart of Center City. Relax and enjoy the ride!